Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Backstory

After trying unsuccessfully to get hired in a full-time, benefit position, I decided to sell my house in Bloomington, Minnesota, and buy The Burlington Hotel, an 1891 hotel in Alma, Wisconsin.  I closed the sale of my home and the purchase of the hotel on the same date, August 31.  Since then, it's been kind of a blur of activity, starting with the move to the hotel, as well as moving my 18 and 21 year-olds to separate locations.  My boyfriend, DH, moved to Alma full-time in November, after finishing his pending remodeling jobs in the Twin Cities.  He still has several clients who are waiting for him to come back and begin further projects next spring.  This blog is an attempt to document where we started and what we've accomplished since moving here.  I'm amazed that family, friends and acquaintances are interested in the amount of detail they've asked to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment